Problems making map work

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    LincsFilm

Hello.

Thank you for a brilliant product, which in the past has looked excellent on my page.

However, now I cannot make the map work even though I have re-geo tagged my posts and I am trying to create a new map. All I get is an empty white box with a weird white X motif over part of it. Please see:

http://www.lincsfilmarchive.co.uk/archive-film-map/

If you know why this has happened, please let me know. I am desperate to get it working again.

Thankyou.

#5011 Reply
    – MiKa –
    Keymaster

Hello LincsFilm,

1.) Update to the latest WP OSM Plugin version.
    2.) post here the shortcode you are using to generate the map with geotags.
    3.) And add temp. another page just with a map without showing any marker inside and post the link here.

Br, MiKa

#5064 Reply
    LincsFilm

Hi Mika,

Thank you for the reply. I’ve done as you’ve asked – please see:
    http://www.lincsfilmarchive.co.uk/map-test/

I use this code following instructions on the current archive map page:

[osm_map_v3 map_center="53.221,-0.145" zoom="8" width="100%" height="650" tagged_type="post" marker_name="mic_black_pinother_02.png" type="pioneer" map_border="thin solid grey" tagged_param="cluster"]

I’ve tried variations of this, including the suggested text verbatim and I get the same results each time.

With thanks.

#5073 Reply
    – MiKa –
    Keymaster

Hallo LincsFilm,

looks like it does not find any posts at map-test.

But at
    http://www.lincsfilmarchive.co.uk/archive-film-map/
    the posts are found just not shown. Which shortcode do you use at archive-film-map?

And can you also let us know what the shortcode [osm_info] traces.

Br, MiKa

#5081 Reply
    LincsFilm

Hi again,
    Thanks so much for the help.

Map-test is just a plain map as you requested, no traces associated with it.

This code is what I use for /archive-film-map/:

[osm_map_v3 map_center="53.221,-0.145" zoom="8" width="100%" height="650" tagged_type="post" marker_name="mic_black_pinother_02.png" type="pioneer" map_border="thin solid grey" tagged_param="cluster"]

My traces are set using GeoTag, so no shortcode is provided. Is this what you mean by [osm_info] traces?

#5085 Reply
    – MiKa –
    Keymaster

Hello,

in the map-test site you could simple add the shortcode: [osm_info] (like [osm_map_v3 ...] but without any arguments), this will trace some usfull information for debugging.

Br, MiKa

#5102 Reply
    LincsFilm

I’ve left the [osm_info] data available to view on our web page for you. Thanks.

#5094 Reply
    LincsFilm

I see, sorry! I have put this on both map pages for you.

on map-test I received:
    OpenStreetMap Plugin V3.7
    published posts: 199
    geo tagged:113; DB request took: 00:00:00.260
    published pages: 13
    geo tagged:000; DB request took: 00:00:00.031

On archive-film-map:
    OpenStreetMap Plugin V3.7
    published posts: 199
    geo tagged:113; DB request took: 00:00:00.360
    published pages: 13
    geo tagged:000; DB request took: 00:00:00.196

#5134 Reply
    – MiKa –
    Keymaster

Hello,

this all looks fine.

Did the map with the geotag ever work on your site?
    Could you temporary turn off other plugins to see if it is affected by a plugin-conflict?

If we do not find the reason this way we will provide a special version for you with some additional debuginfo … this may take one or two weeks.

Br, MiKa

#5148 Reply
    LincsFilm

Hi, and thank you!

Yes this software used to work absolutely fine, but I didn’t use the geotagging.

I created a map using multiple markers and assigned a custom field name/lat-long reference to all posts named “archive_map”. I’d then generate one map using that name and it would show all post markers as red pin graphics.

I’ve just switched off all plug in and will test it a few times – I’ll let you know if it fixes anything.

Bests,
    Lincsfilm

#5150 Reply
    LincsFilm

I had some errors which might help – tried again with all plug ins off and received this:

Map test

[OSM-Plugin-Error]:No posts/pages with geotag found!

[OSM-Plugin-Error]:CustomField: archive_map

[OSM-Plugin-Error]:PostType: page

[OSM-Plugin-Error]:Tagged_Filter: Featured

I wonder if the geo tags set for “archive_map” the original custom fields is conflicting with new geotags?

LF

#5162 Reply
    – MiKa –
    Keymaster

Hello,

can you post the shortcode for these error messages? It looks like you filtered for pages (instead of posts) and for the category Featured.

Br, MiKa

#5165 Reply
    LincsFilm

This is the short code. The errors appeared as I switched off other plugins.

[osm_map_v3 map_center="53.193,-0.397" zoom="9" width="100%" height="450" tagged_type="post" marker_name="mic_black_pinother_02.png" type="pioneer" map_border="thin solid grey" tagged_param="cluster"]

Many thanks.

#5904 Reply
    – MiKa –
    Keymaster

Hello LincFilm,

this shortcode is correct. In the box you edit your post/page you can findet [visual|text]. Change to text and make sure your shortcode is pure text without any formatting string inside.

Br, MiKa

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Problems making map work
Your information:

− 1 = 7

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies and load data from third parties. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close