OSM options not in v3?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jez

Hi again Mika,

There were 3 things I liked in the old osm_map that I can’t seem to do in v3:

a) Control=”scaleline” used to put a scale in the bottom left corner. If I use this code in v3 it puts the full screen facility in the top right corner – not quite the same thing!

b) Control=”mouseposition” used to display the cursor lat & long in the bottom right corner. This was incredibly useful but if I put the same code in to v3 it does nothing.

[There was also control=”scale” but I never did work out what that did!]

c) There used to be an icon on the right side about a third of the way down which opened up the option to change the map tiles. I can’t remember how it was called (part of the theme)? but can’t find anything similar in v3. I’d love to give users a way to change the base map.

Is there any way to do any of the above in v3. Or is it one of those annoying upgrades that actually takes out some of the useful functionality of the old version!

Thanks for your help
    Jez

#3330 Reply
    – MiKa –
    Keymaster

Hello Jez,

you will get a) and b) within the next four weeks. We will see how to handle different tiles, which is point c).

osm_map was developed for several years, we changed now to a new technology which is considering mobile devices – it will take some time until we get it all in osm_map_v3. But it’s for sure the best choice if your visitors are working with tablets and smartphones …

Thanks for your feedback,
    MiKa

#3499 Reply
    Jez

Many thanks Mika. That’s good news. I’m sure I will have some more ideas for you soon!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: OSM options not in v3?
Your information:

58 + = 63

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies and load data from third parties. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close