Adding a static image an an overlay onto an OSM map in WP

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    DetroitSkilletCompany.com

I don’t have access to the Heat Map coding or files, but I’ve already made a version thats not interractive; instagram.com/p/B-P4UpDjnAA/?igshid=1860mev11mrnb

I used photoshop, but you need to use photoshop to click the “heat map” layer on and off in order to see the roads below the layer.

I’m not a programmer, and if you had to describe my style of developer it would be “ripper/hacker”, find what code I need, copy it than lightly modify to suit my actual needs.

Is there anyway I can use OSM to display a map of Detroit (already have that going), but overlay a static image of the “heat map” in a way that the user can either click that layer on and off like with photoshop (possibly a check box for off and on or a right click option for “visible/not-visible” or something) so that we can have a useable map?

The city helath department only gives the heatmap ontop of a total grey outline of the city with no roads or landmarks, plus they mess with the aspect ratio so it really makes no sense unless you un-fudge what they did.

Tired of being lied to, and we’re merely looking for an accurate way to show the data without making a new map by hand every day.

#67551 Reply
    – MiKa –
    Keymaster

Hi,
    sorry – something like this is not planned.
    Br, Mika

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Adding a static image an an overlay onto an OSM map in WP
Your information:

− 5 = 3

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies and load data from third parties. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close