The WordPress OSM Plugin supports geotagging for posts and pages.
- Install WP OSM Plugin
- Add WP OSM Plugin custom fields to your blog
- Geotag your posts /pages
1.) Install WP OSM Plugin
Installation of WP OSM Plugin can be done simply in the backend like all other plugins.
2.) Add WP OSM Plugin custom fields to your blog
After you have installed the plugin you have to prepare your site. All the steps in this point have to be done just once.
Enable Custom Fields and WP OSM Plugin area when you create / edit your posts:
Add two custom fields:
As soon you have activated the areas you can add two custom fields OSM_geo_data and OSM_geo_icon. In OSM_geo_data the location is stored and in OMS_geo_icon an icon for this post / page is stored:
3.) Geotag your posts /pages
Once you have added these two customer fields to your site / blog you simply have to add the information whenever you add an article with geolocation:
- Select geotag at the shortcode generator
- Select an icon if you want to add an icon to the post / page. If you do not set any icon, the default icon is chosen.
- Click into the map to generate the customfield for the geotag and the icon of th post / page
4. Copy (Strg + C) the Value for the geolocation and (optional) the value for the icon.
Go to the Custom Filed of your post / page:
5. Paste (Strg + V) the value to the customfields.
Note: You can add multiple geotags to one post / page, just separate them with space in the custom field, see also the Blog!
[French]: Cartes OSM pour WordPress blog.